开源数据库， PostgreSQL 9.3 Beta 1 发布
PostgreSQL 是一个自由的对象-关系数据库服务器(数据库管理系统)，它在灵活的 BSD-风格许可证下发行。它提供了相对其他开放源代码数据库系统(比如 MySQL 和 Firebird)，和对专有系统比如 Oracle、Sybase、IBM 的 DB2 和 Microsoft SQL Server的一种选择。
PostgreSQL支持大部分 SQL标准并且提供了许多其他现代特性：复杂查询、外键、触发器、视图、事务完整性、MVCC。同样，PostgreSQL 可以用许多方法扩展，比如， 通过增加新的数据类型、函数、操作符、聚集函数、索引方法、过程语言。并且，因为许可证的灵活，任何人都可以以任何目的免费使用、修改、和分发 PostgreSQL，不管是私用、商用、还是学术研究使用。
The first beta release of PostgreSQL 9.3, the latest version of the world's best open source database, is now available. This beta contains previews of all of the features which will be available in version 9.3, and is ready for testing by the worldwide PostgreSQL community. Please download, test, and report what you find.
The major features available for testing in this beta include:
- Writeable Foreign Tables, enabling pushing data to other databases
- pgsql_fdw driver for federation of PostgreSQL databases
- Automatically updatable VIEWs
- MATERIALIZED VIEW declaration
- LATERAL JOINs
- Additional JSON constructor and extractor functions
- Indexed regular expression search
- Disk page checksums to detect filesystem failures
In 9.3, PostgreSQL has greatly reduced its requirement for SysV shared memory, changing to mmap(). This allows easier installation and configuration of PostgreSQL, but means that we need our users to rigorously test and ensure that no memory management issues have been introduced by the change. We also request that users spend extra time testing the improvements to Foreign Key locks.
Additional features included in this release are:
- Fast failover to replicas for high availability
- Streaming-only remastering of replicas
- Performance and locking improvements for Foreign Key locks
- Parallel pg_dump for faster backups
- Directories for configuration files
- pg_isready database connection checker
- COPY FREEZE for reduced IO bulk loading
- User-defined background workers for automating database tasks
- Recursive view declaration
- lock_timeout directive
Test 9.3 Beta 1 Now
We depend on our community to help test the next version in order to guarantee that it is high-performance and bug-free. Please download PostgreSQL 9.3 Beta 1 and try it with your workloads and applications as soon as you can, and give feedback to the PostgreSQL developers. Features and APIs in Beta 1 will not change substantially before final release, so it is now safe to start building applications against the new features. More information on how to test and report issues
Get the PostgreSQL 9.3 Beta 1, including binaries and installers for Windows, Linux and Mac from our download page.
Full documentation of the new version is available online, and also installs with PostgreSQL.