Linux Mint 17 "Xfce" 发布
Linux Mint是一份基于Ubuntu的发行，其目标是提供一份更完整意义上的即刻可用的体验，而这通过包含浏览器插件、多媒体编码解码器、DVD播放支持、Java及其他组件来实现。它也增加了一套定制桌面及各种菜单，一些独特的配置工具，以及一份基于web的软件包安装界面。Linux Mint兼容Ubuntu软件仓库。
The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 17 “Qiana” Xfce.
Linux Mint 17 Qiana Xfce Edition
Linux Mint 17 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2019. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
New features at a glance:
- Update Manager
- Drivers Manager
- Login Screen
- Language Settings
- Software Sources
- Welcome Screen
- System Improvements
- Artwork Improvements
- Main Components
- LTS Strategy
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 17 Xfce“.
- Applet height
- EFI Support
- Solving freezes with some NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
- Booting with non-PAE CPUs
- Other issues
Make sure to read the “Release Notes” to be aware of important info or known issues related to this release.
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 10 GB of disk space
- DVD drive or USB port
- To upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mint follow these instructions.
- To upgrade from the RC release, simply launch the Update Manager and install any Level 1 update available.
- 32-bit: 7eb3b7e9261aa7fda811dae53f5ecb80
- 64-bit: 2c0493720b703d5e0bd00d36979db0b5