Jolteon – Babel/Electron/React/Browserify/Sass application stack
Babel + Electron + React + Browserify + Sass application stack. Gets the stupid work done so you can actually make something.
What stupid work, exactly?
- Build your app with one command.
- Open a live-reloading instance of your app with another command.
- Lint your app using a third command.
How to get started
- npm install -g gulp-cli electron-prebuilt
- git clone https://github.com/vulpino/jolteon
- cd jolteon
- npm install
If you're on windows...
gulp package-osx will fail because symlinks. Sorry. Blame gulp-atom-electron.
- Your client HTML lives in app/.
- Your client SCSS lives in app/scss.
- Your react components live in app/js/components/.
- Your electron server code lives in src/.
- Build the client and server bundles: gulp build
- Watch app/ and src/ for changes and update build/ automagically: gulp watch
- Lint everything (We use StandardJS, but you can modify the .eslintrc): gulp lint
- Open up the app: gulp serve . This will also live reload everything, so don't worry about that.
- Package the app for release: gulp package .