For creating REST apis for mobile and web applications.
This cookiecutter template takes care of the setup and configuration so you can focus on making your api awesome. Scaffolding a project takes seconds and it gives you authentication, user accounts, and the docs and tests to support them. After that, just add your own resources to the api and start shipping.
This project gives you a solid foundation for your api to mature by baking in things like asynchronous queueing, image optimization, and application monitoring.
pip install cookiecutter
Scaffold your project:
Example of the result: https://github.com/agconti/piedpiper-web
- Django 1.9+
- Complete Django Rest Framework integration
- Configured for deploying to Heroku
- Asset storage viaS3
- Class based settings and safe environmental variable management via django-configurations
- Travis config
- Monitoring with New Relic
- Token authentication
- Docs with mkdocs
- Testing withdjango-nose and fixtures via factory-boy
- Caching with Redis viaDjango Redis
- Easy debugging with ipython and ipdb
- Style Enforcement via flake8
- Fabfile for easily setting up servers
Want a new feature? Open an issue and let's chat! Find a bug? Submit a Pull Request!
This project adheres to the Contributor Code of Conduct .