- Awesome Ruby
- Admin Panels
- Asset Management
- Authentication and OAuth
- Build Tools
- Cloud Services
- Code Analysis and Linter
- Command-line Tools
- CSS and Styling
- Data Validation
- Data Visualization
- Database Drivers
- Date and Time
- Debugging Tools
- DevOps Tools
- E-Commerce & Online Paying
- Environment Management
- File Uploading
- Feature Flipping
- Foreign Function Interface
- Game Development
- High Performance
- HTML/XML/CSS Manipulation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Package Management
- Presentation Tools
- Processes and Threads
- Push Notification
- RESTful API
- Science and Data Analysis
- Site Monitoring
- Starter Apps
- Template Engine
- Text Processing
- Third-party APIs
- URL Manipulation
- Web Content Extracting
- Web Crawling
- Web Frameworks
- Web Servers
- Editor Plugins </ul> </li>
- People to Follow </ul> </li>
- Other Awesome Lists
- Contributing </ul>
- active_admin The administration framework for Ruby on Rails applications
- rails_admin A Rails engine that provides an easy-to-use interface for managing your data
- RubySpamAssassin Kills Spam Dead. Perhaps before it's sent!
- sprockets Rack-based asset packaging system
- rails-assets is the frictionless proxy between Bundler and Bower
- seal A C library (with Ruby binding) for 3D audio rendering
- Devise - Devise is a flexible authentication solution for Rails based on Warden
- Omniauth - OmniAuth is a flexible authentication system utilizing Rack middleware
- Warden - General Rack Authentication Framework
- AuthLogic - A simple ruby authentication solution
- Sorcery - Magical authentication for Rails 3 & 4
- CanCanCan Authorization gem for Rails (continued version of CanCan from ryanb)
- pundit - Minimal authorization using object oriented design.
- authority - ORM neutral authorization.
- doorkeeper An OAuth 2 provider for Rails
- teapot A decentralised build tool for managing complex cross-platform projects
- rack-cache HTTP Caching for Ruby Web Apps
- Dalli - a high performance pure Ruby client for accessing memcached servers.
- Refinery An extendable Ruby on Rails CMS that supports Rails 3.2 and 4
- Comfortable Mexican Sofa A powerful Rails 4 CMS Engine
- Browser Humane Content Management for Rails
- Locomotive a brand new CMS system with super sexy UI and cool features
- Radiant A no-fluff, open source content management system
- Nesta A lightweight CMS, implemented in Sinatra
- alchemy_cms the most powerful, user friendly and flexible Rails CMS
- weby Newbie CMS in Ruby on Rails
- Rubocop - A Ruby static code analyzer, based on the community Ruby style guide.
- ruby-lint - ruby-lint is a static code analysis tool for Ruby
- Commander - The complete solution for Ruby command-line executables
- Thor - Thor is a toolkit for building powerful command-line interfaces
- sass A CSS preproccessor
- sass-rails Rails stylesheet engine for Sass
- less-rails The dynamic stylesheet language for the Rails
- compass A a Stylesheet Authoring Environment
- bootstrap-sass Official Sass port of Bootstrap
- foundation-rails Foundation for Rails
- bootswatch-rails Bootswatches converted to SCSS ready to use in Rails
- bourbon A lightweight mixin library for Sass </ul>
- kangal - Extended validation gem for email, subdomain, credit card, tax number etc
- bin_checker - BIN validator for Turkish Banks
- prosperity The easiest way to graph data from your Rails models
NoSQL Databases </ul>
- stamp Date and time formatting for humans
- Puppet - Server automation framework and application
- Chef - A systems integration framework, built to bring the benefits of configuration management to your entire infrastructure.
- Vagrant - Vagrant is a tool for building and distributing development environments.
- Capistrano - Remote multi-server automation tool
- Mina Really fast deployer and server automation tool
- fpm Building packages for multiple platforms (deb, rpm, etc) with great ease and sanity.
- Active Merchant - A simple payment abstraction library extracted from Shopify.
- Spree - A complete open source e-commerce solution for Ruby on Rails.
- PayPal Merchant SDK - Provides Ruby APIs for processing payments, recurring payments, subscriptions and transactions using PayPal's Merchant APIs.
- chruby - Changes the current Ruby
- chgems - Chroot for RubyGems
- rvm - Ruby Version Manager
- rbenv - Groom your app’s Ruby environment
- ruby-install - Installs Ruby, JRuby, Rubinius, MagLev or MRuby
- ruby-build - Compile and install Ruby
- Exception Notification - A set of notifiers for sending notifications when errors occur in a Rack/Rails application
- Errbit - The open source, self-hosted error catcher
- Airbrake - The official Airbrake library for Ruby on Rails (and other Rack based frameworks)
- Better Errors - Better error page for Rack apps
- paperclip Easy file attachment management for ActiveRecord
- dragonfly On-the-fly processing - suitable for image uploading in Rails, Sinatra and much more
- carrierwave Classier solution for file uploads for Rails, Sinatra and other Ruby web frameworks
- helioth Manage feature flipping and rollout
- flipper feature flipping for ANYTHING
- flip Flip lets you declare and manage feature flags, backed by cookies (private testing) and database (site-wide)
- rollout Feature flippers.
- simple_form Forms made easy for Rails
- formtastic A Rails form builder plugin with semantically rich and accessible markup
- Gosu - A 2D game development library for the Ruby and C++ programming languages
- geocoder Complete Ruby geocoding solution
- Geokit - Geokit gem provides geocoding and distance/heading calculations.
- katip - Change logger for Git initialized projects
- shoes A tiny graphical app kit for ruby
- shoes4 the next version of Shoes
Libraries for making Ruby faster.
- EventMachine - EventMachine: fast, simple event-processing library for Ruby programs
- Celluloid - Actor-based concurrent object framework for Ruby
Libraries for working with HTML, XML & CSS.
- loofah A general library for manipulating and transforming HTML/XML documents and fragments
Libraries for working with HTTP.
- httparty Makes http fun again!
- faraday Simple, but flexible HTTP client library, with support for multiple backends.
- http A simple Ruby DSL for making HTTP requests
- excon Usable, fast, simple HTTP(S) 1.1 for Ruby
- nestful Simple Ruby HTTP/REST client with a sane API
Libraries for manipulating images.
- rmagick An interface to the ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries
- minimagick Minified version of rmagick
- chunky_png Read/write access to PNG images in pure Ruby
- image_optim Optimize images using multiple utilities
- magickly image manipulation as a (plugin-able) service </ul>
- i18n - Basic internationalization(i18n) library for Ruby
- globalize Rails I18n de-facto standard library for ActiveRecord model/data translation
- i18n-tasks Manage translations in ruby applications with the awesome power of static analysis
- Logstash Logstash is a tool for managing events and logs.
- PredictionIO Ruby SDK - The PredictionIO Ruby SDK provides a convenient API to quickly record your users' behavior and retrieve personalized predictions for them
- Treat - Treat is a toolkit for natural language processing and computational linguistics in Ruby
- Mongoid - Mongoid (pronounced mann-goyd) is an Object-Document-Mapper (ODM) for MongoDB written in Ruby.
- Ohm - Object-Hash Mapping for Redis </ul> </li> </ul>
- RubyGems - RubyGems is a package manager for the Ruby programming language that provides a standard format for distributing Ruby programs and libraries
- Bundler - Bundler provides a consistent environment for Ruby projects by tracking and installing the exact gems and versions that are needed
- Homebrew - Homebrew installs the stuff you need that Apple didn’t
- Homebrew Cask - Cask provides a friendly homebrew-style CLI workflow for the administration of Mac applications distributed as binaries
- kaminari A Scope & Engine based, clean, powerful, customizable and sophisticated paginator
- will_paginate Pagination library for Rails 3, Sinatra, Merb, DataMapper, and more
- order_query Keyset pagination to find the next or previous record(s) relative to the current one efficiently, e.g. for infinite scroll.
- wicked_pdf PDF generator (from HTML) plugin for Ruby on Rails
- pdfkit HTML+CSS to PDF using wkhtmltopdf
- prawn Fast, Nimble PDF Writer for Ruby
- Parallel - Ruby parallel processing made simple and fast
- bullet - help to kill N+1 queries and unused eager loading
- Rpush - The push notification service for Ruby.
- apn_sender - Background worker to send Apple Push Notifications over a persistent TCP socket.
- Houston - A simple gem for sending Apple Push Notifications.
- Resque A Redis-backed Ruby library for creating background jobs, placing them on multiple queues.
- Delayed::Job — Database backed asynchronous priority queue.
- Qu A Ruby library for queuing and processing background jobs.
- Sidekiq Simple, efficient background processing for Ruby
- Grape - An opinionated micro-framework for creating REST-like APIs in Ruby.
- Rails::API - Rails for API only applications
- jbuilder - Create JSON structures via a Builder-style DSL
- rabl - General Ruby templating with json, bson, xml, plist and msgpack support
- active_model_serializers - ActiveModel::Serializer implementation and Rails hooks
- oat - Adapters-based API serializers with Hypermedia support for Ruby apps (HAL, Siren, JSONAPI).
- spreadsheet - The Spreadsheet Library is designed to read and write Spreadsheet Documents.
- axlsx - Axlsx excels at helping you generate beautiful Office Open XML Spreadsheet documents.
- axlsx_rails - Axlsx_Rails provides an Axlsx renderer so you can move all your spreadsheet code from your controller into view files.
- roo - Roo implements read access for all spreadsheet types and read/write access for Google spreadsheets.
- google-spreadsheet-ruby - This is a library to read/write Google Spreadsheet.
- rubyXL - rubyXL is a gem which allows the parsing, creation, and manipulation of Microsoft Excel (.xlsx/.xlsm) Documents
- Odf-report - Generates ODF files, given a template (.odt) and data, replacing tags
- simple_xlsx_writer - Just as the name says, simple writter for Office 2007+ Excel files
- remote_table - Open local or remote XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV (comma separated), TSV (tab separated), other delimited, fixed-width files, and Google Docs.
- acts_as_xlsx - acts_as_xlsx lets you turn any ActiveRecord::Base inheriting class into an excel spreadsheet.
- activeadmin-axlsx - This gem uses axlsx to provide excel/xlsx downloads for resources in Active Admin.
- to_spreadsheet - Render XLSX from Rails using existing views
- write_xlsx - write_xlsx is a gem to create a new file in the Excel 2007+ XLSX format.
- excel_rails - Allows you to program spreadsheets using .rxls views
- sheets - Work with spreadsheets easily in a native ruby format.
- workbook - Workbook contains workbooks, as in a table, contains rows, contains cells, reads/writes excel, ods and csv and tab separated files...
- Spreadsheet report - Simple tool for running queries against ActiveRecord and putting them into a Google Spreadsheet.
- oxcelix - A fast Excel 2007/2010 (.xlsx) file parser that returns a collection of Matrix objects
- wrap_excel - WrapExcel is to wrap the win32ole, and easy to use Excel operations with ruby. Detailed description please see the README.
- write_xlsx_rails - xlsx renderer for Rails base on write_xlsx gem
- whenever Cron jobs in Ruby
- resque-scheduler A light-weight job scheduling system built on top of resque
- rufus-scheduler Scheduler for Ruby
- Clockwork Clockwork is a cron replacement. It runs as a lightweight, long-running Ruby process which sits alongside your web processes (Mongrel/Thin) and your worker processes (DJ/Resque/Minion/Stalker) to schedule recurring work at particular times or dates.
- Thinking Sphinx - Sphinx plugin for ActiveRecord/Rails
- elasticsearch-ruby - Ruby integrations for Elasticsearch
- Searchkick - Intelligent search made easy
- PgSearch - PostgreSQL's full text search
- Rroonga - The Ruby bindings of Groonga
- Sunspot - Solr-powered search for Ruby objects
- rack-google-analytics Simple Rack middleware for implementing google analytics tracking
- DataDog A monitoring service for IT, operations and development teams
- Keen IO Build analytics features directly into your Ruby apps
- suspenders A Rails template with our standard defaults, ready to deploy to Heroku
- ruby2-rails4-bootstrap-heroku A starter application based on Ruby 2, Rails 4 and Bootstrap for Sass, deployable on Heroku
- rails-bootstrap Rails 4.1 starter app with the Bootstrap front-end framework
- rails4-starterkit Rails 4.1 starter app with production ready performance, security, and authentication
- cybele - Rails 4.x template with responder, simple form, haml, exception notification, etc ...
- Yomu - Read text and metadata from files and documents (.doc, .docx, .pages, .odt, .rtf, .pdf)
Libraries for tagging items.
- acts-as-taggable-on - A tagging plugin for Rails applications that allows for custom tagging along dynamic contexts.
Libraries and tools for templating and lexing.
- Slim A templating lang that reduce the syntax to the essential parts without becoming cryptic.
- slim-rails Rails port of Slim lang
- Haml HTML Abstraction Markup Language - A Markup Haiku
- haml-rails Rails port of Haml lang </ul> </li>
- Liquid </ul>
- Testing Frameworks
- RSpec - BDD for Ruby
- MiniTest - minitest provides a complete suite of testing facilities supporting TDD, BDD, mocking, and benchmarking
- Spinach - Spinach is a high-level BDD framework that leverages the expressive Gherkin language (used by Cucumber) to help you define executable specifications of your application or library's acceptance criteria.
- Rubytest - Rubytest is a testing metaframework usedful for create highly customize test suites or building whole new test frameworks.
- BRASS - Bare-metal Ruby assertion system standard used by Rubytest.
- Lemon - Strict unit test system built on top of Rubytest. </ul> </li>
- shoulda-matchers - Collection of testing matchers extracted from Shoulda
- capybara - Acceptance test framework for web applications </ul> </li>
- RSpec-mocks - RSpec's 'test double' framework, with support for stubbing and mocking
- Mocha - Mocking and stubbing library with JMock/SchMock syntax, which allows mocking and stubbing of methods on real (non-mock) classes.
- FlexMock - Flexible mocking for Ruby testing </ul> </li>
- Fake Data
- Faker - A library for generating fake data such as names, addresses, and phone numbers
- ffaker - Faker Refactored.
- Forgery - Easy and customizable generation of forged data. </ul> </li>
- Code Coverage
- simplecov Code coverage for Ruby 1.9+ with a powerful configuration library and automatic merging of coverage </ul> </li>
Error Handler </ul>
- koala A lightweight, flexible library for 非死book
- fb_graph A full-stack 非死book Graph API wrapper
- 推ter A Ruby interface to the 推ter API
- tweetstream A simple library for consuming 推ter's Streaming API
- gitlab Ruby wrapper and CLI for the GitLab API
- octokit.rb Ruby toolkit for the GitHub API
- instagram The official gem for the Instagram API
- linkedin Ruby wrapper for the LinkedIn API
- twilio-ruby A Ruby gem for communicating with the Twilio API and generating TwiML
- viewpoint-spws A Microsoft Sharepoint Web Services library for Ruby.
- 油Tube_it An object-oriented Ruby wrapper for the 油Tube GData API
- flickraw Flickraw is a library to access flickr api
- f00px Official 500px api ruby gem
- streamio-ffmpeg Simple yet powerful ruby ffmpeg wrapper for reading metadata and transcoding movies
- Ruby On Rails - Ruby on Rails is a full-stack web framework optimized for programmer happiness and sustainable productivity
- Sinatra - Sinatra is a DSL for quickly creating web applications in Ruby with minimal effort.
- Padrino - The Godfather of Sinatra provides a full-stack agnostic framework on top of Sinatra
- Cramp - Cramp is a fully asynchronous real-time web application framework in Ruby
- Lotus - A newborn complete Ruby web framework that is simple, fast and lightweight.
- Cuba - Cuba is a microframework for web development originally inspired by Rum, a tiny but powerful mapper for Rack applications.
- Pakyow - Pakyow is an open-source framework for the modern web. Build working software faster with a development process that remains friendly to both designers and developers. It's built for getting along.
- puma A simple, fast, threaded, and highly concurrent HTTP 1.1 server for Ruby/Rack applications.
- thin A thin and fast web server
- trinidad Run Rails or Rack applications within an embedded Apache Tomcat container.
- unicorn An HTTP server for Rack applications designed to only serve fast clients.
- passenger A modern web server and application server for Ruby, Python and Node.js.
- pow Pow treats files and directories as ruby objects giving you more power and flexibility.
- goliath is a non-blocking Ruby web server framework.
- Faye - Simple pub/sub messaging for the web
- websocket-rails - Plug and play websocket support for ruby on rails.
- packetfu A mid-level packet manipulation library for Ruby.
- chatterbot A straightforward ruby-based 推ter Bot Framework, using OAuth to authenticate
- sneakers A fast background processing framework for Ruby and RabbitMQ
- ransack Object-based searching.
- cinch The IRC Bot Building Framework
- pry An IRB alternative and runtime developer console
- friendly_id Slugging and permalink plugins for ActiveRecord
- backup An elegant DSL in Ruby for performing backups on UNIX-like systems
- kss Documenting CSS and generating styleguides
- AASM - A library for adding finite state machines to Ruby classes
- JsonCompare - Returns the difference between two JSON files
- blankable - Adds blank slates to index view in Rails
- tcmb_currency - T.C.M.B. currencies for Money Gem
- enumerize - Enumerated attributes with I18n and ActiveRecord/Mongoid support
- lol_dba - lol_dba is a small package of rake tasks that scan your application models and displays a list of columns that probably should be indexed.
- annotate-models - Annotate ActiveRecord models
- fast_attributes - FastAttributes adds attributes with their types to the class
- The Ruby Toolbox
- RubyDaily - Community driven news
- Ruby Weekly - A free, once–weekly e-mail round-up of Ruby news and articles.
- Ruby5 - The latest news in the Ruby and Rails community
- RubyFlow - Ruby Programming Community Link Blog
- GemBundle - A place to discover new Ruby Gems
- Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto - Creator of Ruby lang
- David Heinemeier Hansson - Creator of Rails framework
- Koichi Sasada - Ruby core committer and the developer of YARV
- Aaron Patterson - Committer to Nokogiri, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Avdi Grimm - Host of Ruby Tapas webcasts
- Aman Gupta- Ruby core committer
Libraries for accessing third party APIs.
Libraries for parsing URLs.
Libraries for manipulating video and GIFs.
Libraries for extracting web contents.
Libraries for scraping websites.
Web development frameworks.
App server interface
Libraries for woking with WebSocket.
Useful libraries or tools that don't fit in the categories above.
Plugins for various editors.
Where to discover things (libraries, news e.g) about Ruby.
People in Ruby World
Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in the awesome-awesomeness list.
Libraries for testing codebases and generating test data.
Libraries for package and dependency management.
Libraries for woking with processes or threads
Libraries for working with event and task queues.
Libraries for developing RESTful APIs.
Libraries for manipulating Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Numbers, OpenOffice and LibreOffice files
Libraries for scientific computing and data analyzing.
Libraries and software for indexing and performing search queries on data.
Libs for analytics, monitoring
App templates for creating apps quickly
Libraries for parsing and manipulating texts.
Libraries for woking with i18n.
Libraries for generating and working with log files.
Libraries for Machine Learning.
Framworks and libraries for MapReduce.
Libraries for working with human languages.
Libraries for network programming.
Libraries that implement Object-Relational Mapping or datamapping techniques.
Libraries for administrative interfaces.
Libraries for fighting spam.
Tools for managing, compressing and minifying website assets.
Libraries for implementing authentications schemes.
Compile software from source code.
Libraries for caching data.
Content management systems
Libraries and tools for analysing, parsing and manipulation codebases.
Libraries for building command-line application.
Libraries for storing configuration options.
Libraries for validating data. Used for forms in many cases.
Libraries for visualizing data.
Libraties for connecting and operating databases.
Libraries for working with dates and times.
Libraries for debugging and developing.
Software and libraries for DevOps.
Libraries to create packaged executables for release distribution.
Libraries for generating project documentation.
Libraries for downloading.
Libraries for sending and parsing email.
Libraries for Ruby version and environment management.
Libraries for exception and error handling.
Libraries for handling file uploads.
Libaries for flipping features
Libraries for providing foreign function interface.
Libraries for working with forms.
Awesome game development libraries.
Libraries for geocoding addresses and working with latitudes and longitudes.
Libraries for working with Git VCS
Libraries for working with graphical user interface applications.