- 1. Openstack 云平台分析与比较OpenStack Analysis and comparison of cloud platforms班级: 电信09
- 2. Table of Contents
What is OpenStack?
Code names Components
- 3. Cloud computing
Cloud computing is the use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are delivered as a service over a network (typically the Internet), where resources such as computing power, storage, network and software are abstracted and provided as services on the Internet.
The following are the broad categories of services available on the cloud: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Network as a service (NaaS).
- 4. What is OpenStack?
OpenStack is a United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration and Rackspace cloud computing software R & D cooperation, Apache license authorization, and is a free software and open source projects.
OpenStack is IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) software; anyone can create their own cloud computing services
- 5. Cont.
OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering their users to provide resources through a web interface.
- 6. OpenStack Diagram
- 7. OpenStack Setup
Figure 2- OpenStack Setup
Server1, Server2 and Client1
- 8. Code names Components
OpenStack has a modular architecture that encompasses following components:
Nova (Compute Service)
Swift (Storage Service)
Glance (Imaging Service)
Keystone (Identity Service)
Horizon (UI Service)
- 9. Compute Infrastructure (Nova)
Nova is a cloud computing fabric controller (the main part of an IaaS system).
Functions and Features: Instance life cycle management, management of compute resources, networking and authorization, REST-based API.
Components of Nova: API Server, message queue,compute workers, network controller,volume worker, scheduler.
- 10. Storage Infrastructure (Swift)
Swift is a massively scalable redundant storage system. Objects and files are written to multiple disk drives spread throughout servers in the data center, with the OpenStack software responsible for ensuring data replication and integrity across the cluster.
Functions and Features: storage of large number of objects and sized objects, secure storage of objects, backup and archival.
Components of Swift: swift Account, swift container, swift Object, swift Proxy and the RING.
- 11. Imaging Service (Glance)
Glance provides discovery, registration and delivery services for disk and server images. It provides a catalog and repository for virtual disk images.
Functions and Features: provides imaging service.
Components of Glance: glance-control, glance-registry.
- 12. Identity Service (Keystone)
Keystone provides a central directory of users mapped to the OpenStack services they can access. It provides authentication and authorization for all components of OpenStack including Swift, Glance, Nova.
Keystone provides services : token service, catalog Service and policy Service.
Components of Keystone: endpoints, regions, user, services, role, tenant.
- 13. Administrative Web-Interface (Horizon)
Horizon provides administrators and users a graphical interface to access, provide and automate cloud-based resources. Horizon the web based dashboard can be used to manage /administer OpenStack services.
Functions and Features: Instance, image, volume management ; access and security management; object store manipulation.
- 14. OpenStack 云平台与其它云平台进行比较研究General information
- 15. 1. General information
- 16. SoftwareInitial release dateLicense (s)Written inAs a serviceLocal installationsFluid Operations2009-03-01ProprietaryJava, CYes?AppScale2009-03-07BSD LicensePython, Ruby, GoYesYesCloud Foundry2011-04-12Apache LicenseRuby, CYesYesCloud.com2010-05-04Apache LicenseJava, CYesYesEucalyptus2008-05-29Proprietary GPL v3Java, CYesYesFlexiant Limited 2007-01-15Proprietary softwareJava, CYesYesNimbus2009-01-09Apache LicenseJava, PythonYesYesOpenNebula2008-03Apache LicenseC++, C, Ruby, Java, Shell script, lex, yaccYesYesOpenQRM2008-03GPL LicenseC++, PHP, Shell scriptYesYesOpenShift211-05-04Apache LicenseRubyYesYesOpenStack2010-10-21Apache LicensePythonYesYesOnApp2010-07-01ProprietaryJava, Ruby, C++YesYesOVirt2012-08-09Apache LicenseJava, Python?Yes
- 17. 2. Supported hosts
- 18. SoftwareLinuxWindowsBare MetalFluid OperationsYesYesNoAppScale ? ? ?Cloud FoundryYesNoNoCloud.comYes ?YesEucalyptusYes ?YesFlexiant Limited NoYesYesNimbus ? ? ?OpenNebulaYes ?NoOpenQRMYesNoNoOpenShiftYesNoYesOpenStackYesYesNoOnAppYesNoYesOVirtYesNo No
- 19. 3. Supported Clients
- 20. SoftwareLinuxWindowsVMwareXenKVMVirtualBoxOtherFluid OperationsYesYesYesYesYesNoAppScale ? ?YesYesYesYesCloud FoundryYesNoYesYesYesYesCloud.comYes ?YesYesYesYesEucalyptus ? ?YesYesYes ?Flexiant LimitedYesYesYesYesYesYesFreeBSDNimbus ? ? ?YesYes ?OpenNebulaYesYesYesYesYesYesAny guest OS supported by Xen, KVM, or VMWareOpenQRMYesYesYesYesYesYesOpenShiftYesNoYesYesYesYesOpenStackYesYesYesYesYes ?OnAppYesYesYesYesYesNoJumpBox, FreeBSD
- 21. 4. Providers
- 22. SoftwareAmazon EC2RackspaceGeoGridOtherFluid Operations ? ? ?AppScaleYes ? ?Cloud FoundryYes ? ?Cloud.com ? ? ?ItselfEucalyptus ? ? ?ItselfFlexiant Limited ? ? ?ItselfNimbus ? ? ?ItselfOpenNebula ? ? ?ItselfOpenQRM ? ? ?ItselfOpenShiftYes ? ?OpenStackYesYesYesOnApp ? ? ?Itself
- 23. 5. Features
- 24. SoftwareFailoverOCCIvCloudS3FailoverFluid OperationsNoNoYesNoNoAppScaleNo??YesNoCloud FoundryNoNoYesNoNoCloud.comPartial???PartialEucalyptusNo??YesNoFlexiant LimitedYesNoYesNoYesNimbusNo???NoOpenNebulaNoYesYesNoNoOpenQRMYesYes??YesOpenShiftNoNoNoNoNoOpenStackNoYes?YesNoOnAppYesNoNoNoYes
- 25. ConclusionOpenStack is architected to provide flexibility as you design your cloud, with no proprietary hardware or software requirements and the ability to integrate with legacy systems and third party technologies.
One of the really exciting things about OpenStack is how quickly it has become an international project and how it is rapidly becoming the factor open source standard for cloud computing. Because OpenStack is open source software, other companies can pursue similar opportunities.
- 26. Cont.
OpenStack is an early project and has not matured into a production product but it is fully open source and based on open cloud standards.
An open private production cloud using OpenStack with open cloud standards will probably be production ready in 2014 when Ubuntu 14.04 is released and when other internet broadband providers come online.
- 27. Thank You, 谢谢你们